Chekout has created this statement to demonstrate our commitment to your privacy, while you visit our web site. This statement discloses the information practices for the Chekout web site, including what type of information is gathered and tracked, how the information is used and with whom the information is shared. To make this notice easy to find, we make it available on our homepage and at every point where personal identification information may be requested.
Collection & Use of Personal & Non-Personal Information:
This notice applies to all information collected or submitted on the Chekout website. On some pages, you can order products, and register to receive materials. The types of personal information collected at these pages are:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Location and, other things specific to providing you a personalized experience on our site.
Chekout may obtain information about your location through pin-pointed GPS data or when you submit a partial/complete address as a part of registering/signing up on our website. Chekout may also access, store and use your location information/address to make you aware of location-specific products and services (such as exclusive offers for a particular city/area) through emails/newsletters/SMS. Personal information of customers obtained by Chekout will under no circumstances be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes. It will only be used to improve our own products/marketing activities and will remain strictly confidential. We may also collect non-personal information such as occupation, language, zip code, area code, etc of customers so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our products, services, and advertising. If we do combine non-personal information with personal information the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
Disclosure of your Information:
- The information that you provide to us will be transferred to and stored on our servers and may be accessed by or given to our staff and a limited number of third parties (such as those which process credit card payments or those which provide support services to us) including companies within the Chekout group of companies (which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries) who act for us for the purposes set out in this policy or for other purposes notified to you from time to time in this policy. However, we will always take steps to ensure that your information is treated in accordance with this policy.
- If our business enters into a joint venture with, purchases or is sold to or merged with another business entity, your information may be disclosed or transferred to the target company, our new business partners or owners or their advisors.
- We may use the information that you provide to us if we are under a duty to disclose or share your information in order to comply with (and/or where we believe we are under a duty to comply with) any legal obligation; or in order to enforce our Website Terms and any other agreement; or to protect the rights of Chekout, Delivery Restaurants or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and other organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and prevention.
- Links to third party web sites on this web site are provided solely as a convenience. If these links are used, the user will leave this web site. Chekout has not reviewed all of these third party sites and does not control and is not responsible for any of these sites or their content. Thus, Chekout does not endorse or make any representations about them, or any information, software or other products or materials found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them. Any access of the third party sites linked to this website is done entirely at the user's own risk.
- Finally, we never use or share the personal identification information provided to us online in ways unrelated to the ones described above without providing you an opportunity to opt out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses.
Terms and Conditions governing Orders:
Please read the terms and conditions here.
- Use of 'Cookies':
- In common with many websites, we use "cookies" to help us gather the following information from visitors to Chekout. For example:
- the IP address from which you access the site
- the type of browser and operating system used to access the site
- the date and time of your access to the site
- the pages you visit
- the internet address of the website from which you accessed the site
- We use information from cookies, for example, to learn about the number of visitors to our site and the type of technology that our visitors use. Cookies help us to monitor what sort of content is popular and to assess visitors' browsing habits. When a user revisits the site, we may recognize the user by the cookie and customize the user's experience accordingly. We can use this information to continually improve the content and usability of the site.
- We may compile and report to third parties (such as advertisers) aggregate statistics about our users in terms of numbers, traffic patterns and related site information.
e.We do not connect the information collected through cookies with other information that is personally identifiable, unless required or permitted to do so by law or to enforce the Terms & Conditions.
2.Third Party Goods and Services:
WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR THOSE PERSONS, COMPANIES AND OTHER ORGANISATIONS WHOSE GOODS OR SERVICES MAY BE ACCESSED OR DISPLAYED OR DELIVERED THROUGH OR ON THE SITE. It is the responsibility of the restaurants to deliver the food ordered through the site. Chekout will not be liable for delay in deliveries, bad quality of food or anything related to deliveries.
You should always verify the information set out on this site with independent authorities before acting or relying on it. It is your responsibility to use virus checking software on any material downloaded from this site and to ensure the compatibility of such software with your equipment. In circumstances where you provide us with information relating to any third parties, you warrant that you have received that third party's consent in relation to such disclosure and that the third party has been informed of, and agree to, our privacy statement and the uses which we may make of such information.
In the course of your use of the site, you may be asked to provide personal information to us (such information referred to hereinafter as "User Information"). Our information collection and use policies with respect to such User Information are as stated herein and incorporated into these terms and conditions. You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for the accuracy and content of the User Information. You have the right to request removal of your information unless the information in question is required to be held by law.
The laws of India and the laws of the State of New York shall govern all matters relating to the access and use of this web site. Exclusive jurisdiction and venue of any actions arising out of, or relating to, or in any way connected with access and/or use of this web site shall be in Hyderabad, India.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold Chekout harmless from and against any and all third party claims, liabilities, damages, losses or expenses (including reasonable attorney's fees and costs) arising out of, based on or in connection with your access and/or use of this web site.
7.Disclaimers and Limitations of Liability:
THE MATERIALS CONTAINED ON THIS WEB SITE MAY BE OUT OF DATE OR INCLUDE INACCURACIES AND OTHER ERRORS. ALL MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED TO YOU "AS IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CHEKOUT SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES SUFFERED AS A RESULT OF USING, MODIFYING, CONTRIBUTING, COPYING, DISTRIBUTING OR DOWNLOADING THE MATERIALS. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGE (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF BUSINESS, REVENUE, PROFITS, USE, DATA OR OTHER ECONOMIC ADVANTAGE), HOWEVER IT ARISES, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF INFORMATION AVAILABLE FROM THIS WEB SITE, EVEN IF CHEKOUT HAS BEEN PREVIOUSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. YOU HAVE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ADEQUATE PROTECTION AND BACKUP OF DATA AND/OR EQUIPMENT USED IN CONNECTION WITH THE WEB SITE AND YOU WILL NOT MAKE A CLAIM AGAINST CHEKOUT FOR LOST DATA, RE-RUN TIME, INACCURATE OUTPUT, WORK DELAYS OR LOST PROFITS RESULTING FROM THE USE OF THE MATERIALS. YOU AGREE TO HOLD US HARMLESS FROM, AND NOT TO SUE Chekout, FOR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON OR RELATED TO THE USE OF THE WEB SITE.